Sunday, January 4, 2009

Long Time No Blog

It has been a whirlwind of head colds and strep throat in our household, so I've not had much time nor energy to blog lately. Oh yeah, and there was that thing called "the holidays" that happened in there, too. I got to celebrate Christmas Day alone and in bed with a 101 degree fever. Fun!

Today's post really isn't recipe, so much as it is just a few pics. This is some homemade bread I made last weekend. I discovered the book "Artisan Bread in Just 5 Minutes a Day" ( http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Bread-Five-Minutes-Revolutionizes/dp/0312362919azon.com/Artisan-Bread-Five-Minutes-Revolutionizes/dp/0312362919 ) last winter and it has really improved my breadmaking. It is a no-knead technique that allows you to make up a big batch of dough and store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks at a time. It makes great-tasting bread with the thick, crackling crust I've come to love in artisan bread. This is a link to a video of the technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxJgIpe38Qom/watch?v=zMxJgIpe38Q

So anyway, enjoy the pics and I'll try to get a bonafide recipe up soon. This particular loaf was their basic white crusty loaf; I served it with wine, roasted garlic, and a wheel of baked brie.

1 comment:

Lisa Zahn said...

Glad you're feeling better! I got your phone message days after you called--someone listened to it and didn't tell me...wonder who?

Come see me for a follow-up when you can. And bring A. for Rose to meet!