Sunday, February 1, 2009

Everything That's Wrong With the American Diet: Chili-Cheesedog Dip

There are no photos because frankly (no pun intended), this looks like crap in a crockpot. It tastes, however, EXACTLY like a chili dog with cheese. So if you're into that, try this out. If not, my apologies for appearing to have the absolute worst diet on the face of the planet.

Ingredients:

2 cans of Hormel Chili with beans
1/2 lb (half of the small box) Velveeta
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp Frank's Hot Sauce
10 hot dogs (Hebrew National are my personal favorite), grilled or pan-fried until dark
1 onion, chopped finely and sauteed in butter until brown


In saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients over low-medium heat until cheese is melted all the way. Chop cooked hot dogs into small rounds and add along with onions to the dip mixture. Stir until combined. Put into crock pot over low to keep warm. Serve with Fritos. Watch your rear end expand before your very eyes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmhhh, I feel my arteries hardening. Works for me!

Jen said...

My rear end is alreay pretty expanded. Does that mean I can eat this every day? And that you'll come over and make it for me? Great. Thanks.

(I think your word verification is swearing at me in German. "dershign" sounds dirty.)

Lisa Zahn said...

um, yum, yum! And fat is good for you, people!

Hey Jen, I've tagged you for a "7 Things" meme over at my blog. Play along only if you want to...I just wanted to see you post more!