This may be the shortest recipe I ever post on this blog. I whipped this up for dinner in literally 10 minutes. It's healthy, tasty, and way more interesting (not to mention cheaper) than takeout. It's made completely of convenience items from the grocery store, but isn't full of junk like most "grab and go" dinners. Ingredients can definitely be substituted or omitted depending on taste, but it's a great combo of textures and tastes.
- 1 box of mixed salad greens (Earthbound Farms, etc.)
- breast meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 oz of white cheddar, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 green apple, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Newman's Own Light Mustard Vinegrette